How are unique and smart surfaces produced? How can their manufacture be economical and sustainable, and at the same time customized? KURZ will answer these and other questions with the help of graphic examples from different sectors in a series of free online seminars. We will show you how to meet customer needs with an appealing combination of design and function. We rely on Design for Recycling as well. Our finishings are thinner than a human hair, and bestow recycled material with the same premium appearance as new material. Immerse yourself in the KURZ realm of planning, construction, and design, and reap the benefits of a global market leader's know-how in plastics decoration. Our experts have summarized their knowledge in compact seminar units for you.
Tuesday, June 15, 10:00AM - 11:00 AM CET Language: English
Wednesday, June 16, 5:00PM - 6:00PM CET Language: English
Experts: Nick Wagner, Head of Business Area Plastic Decoration Sales and Marketing, and Carsten Siebarth, Key Account Manager Notebook/Consumer Electronics, LEONHARD KURZ Stiftung & Co. KG
Series production process meets innovation: Highly efficient methods for surface design of plastic surfaces such as hot stamping and In-Mold Decoration (IMD) enable antibacterial surfaces in combination with KURZ BIOFENSE. Indium is impressive as an environmentally friendly metallization for 5G applications, and KURZ IMD UNIFY offers the optimal technology for customizing consumer electronics. Exceed your customers’ expectations with a wide range of designs that go hand in hand with maximum functionality and sustainability.
- Focus: Consumer electronics
- The different decoration methods: Hot stamping, KURZ IMD and more
- What design variants are available? From backlighting effects to touch control
- Product innovations: Antibacterial surface finish without compromises in design with KURZ BIOFENSE. Indium metallizations as a new coating for 5G applications and KURZ IMD UNIFY, for design-oriented customization of special series
- Design for Lifecycle Thinking: How KURZ supports you in the use of recyclates in your product design
Tuesday, June 29, 10:00AM - 11:00AM CET, Language: English
Wednesday, July 14, 5:00PM - 6:00PM CET, Language: English
Experts: Steven Hirschberg, Key Account Manager Home Appliances, and Raimund Fritsch, Market Development Manager/Hotstamping, LEONHARD KURZ Stiftung & Co. KG
Eco-friendly, smart and attractive: Household appliances have long been more than practical aids in everyday life. KURZ supports you in the development of the latest product generations with innovative solutions. Whether washing machine or refrigerator, stove or vacuum cleaner: With the help of various examples, we show you which processes are used to inspire your customers. Discover KURZ’s wide range of finishing options - from KURZ IMD UNIFY, the solution for customizing special models in series, to individual image decoration for high-quality branding. You can also learn more about innovative functional coatings such as the new metallization option indium for the integration of smart functions, or KURZ BIOFENSE for antibacterial plastic surfaces.
- Focus: Household devices
- Surface designs ranging from metallization to backlighting effects and touch control
- Case studies - from freezers to vacuum cleaners
- The process: KURZ In-Mold Decoration (IMD) and hot stamping
- The human machine interface for home appliances: Displays and Shy Tech controls
- Innovations: KURZ IMD UNIFY for direct customization of special models, IMD single image for the design of seamless surfaces and device fronts, indium as a new radiation-permeable metallization option, and KURZ BIOFENSE for antibacterial surface treatment
- Design for recycling and the use of recyclates with In-Mold Decoration by KURZ